- Write a children’s book in your own words that accurately and simply retells the story of the American Revolution. Your writing should be simple enough for a 3rd or 4th grader to understand.
- You story must include the key details of the outline provided below. Each point included in the outline should be a page of your book.
- Be creative! Each page should have some sort of decoration or illustration. Feel free to draw pictures, use magazines, newspapers, or whatever pictures you can find. The pictures should relate to or help explain what is being said on the page. You can print out pictures from the internet as well.
- The text should be clearly printed and easy to read. Pages should be numbered.
Here is the handout and rubric with the detailed project expectations:
Here are some reading selections to help you with each part of the project:
A. Discovery of Americas
B. England Controls N. America
- England takes control of N. America (discusses how England fought the French & Indian war to take control of N. America)
B. Opposing Views of the British & American Colonists